Today we conclude our 2020 ICML coverage joined by Iordanis Kerenidis, Research Director at Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS) in Paris, and Head of Quantum Algorithms at QC Ware.
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
Iordanis’ research centers around quantum algorithms of machine learning, and was an ICML main conference Keynote speaker on the topic! We focus our conversation on his presentation, exploring the prospects and challenges of quantum machine learning, as well as the field’s history, evolution, and future. We’ll also discuss the foundations of quantum computing, and some of the challenges to consider for breaking into the field.
Thanks to our sponsor
I’d like to send a huge thank you to our friends at Qualcomm for their support of the podcast, and their sponsorship of this series! Qualcomm AI Research is dedicated to advancing AI to make its core capabilities — perception, reasoning, and action — ubiquitous across devices. Their work makes it possible for billions of users around the world to have AI-enhanced experiences on Qualcomm Technologies-powered devices. To learn more about what Qualcomm is up to on the research front, visit here.
Connect with Iordanis!
- ICML 2020: Quantum Machine Learning: Prospects and Challenges Slides
- Peter Shor’s Factoring Algorithm
- Quantum Supremacy: Computing takes a quantum leap forward
- Paper: Quantum algorithm for solving linear systems of equations
- Paper: Quantum Recommendation Systems
- Paper: A quantum-inspired classical algorithm for recommendation systems
- #246 – A Quantum Machine Learning Algorithm Takedown with Ewin Tang
- Paper: q-means: A quantum algorithm for unsupervised machine learning
- Paper: CNNs: Quantum Algorithms For Deep Convolutional Neural Network
- Join the TWIML Community!
- Check out our TWIML Presents: series page!
- Register for the TWIML Newsletter
- Check out the official TWIMLcon:AI Platform video packages here!
- Download our latest eBook, The Definitive Guide to AI Platforms!
“More On That Later” by Lee Rosevere licensed under CC By 4.0