Today we’re joined by one of, if not the most cited computer scientist in the world, Yoshua Bengio. Yoshua is a Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Operations Research at the University of Montreal and the Founder and Scientific Director of MILA.
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
We caught up with Yoshua just a few weeks into the coronavirus pandemic, so we spend a bit of time discussing his work both broadly on the impact of AI in society, as well as his current endeavor in building a COVID-19 tracing application, and the use of ML to propose experimental candidate drugs.
We also explore his work on consciousness, including how Yoshua defines consciousness, his paper “The Consciousness Prior,” the relationship between consciousness and intelligence, how attention could be used to train consciousness, the current state of consciousness research, and how he sees it evolving.
Connect with Yoshua!
- The Consciousness Prior
- Experiments on the Consciousness Prior
- Video: From System 1 to System 2 Deep Learning
- Paper: Tackling Climate Change with Machine Learning
- Paper: Using Simulated Data to Generate Images of Climate Change
- Blog: Peer-to-peer AI-tracing of COVID-19
- Article: Mila and its partners rally the scientific community to develop novel data-driven solutions to assist with COVID-19 outbreak
- Book: Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Montreal Declaration for Responsible AI
- AI Commons
- Want to learn more about Differential Privacy? Click Here!
- Join the TWIML Community!
- Check out our TWIML Presents: series page!
- Register for the TWIML Newsletter
- Check out the official TWIMLcon:AI Platform video packages here!
- Download our latest eBook, The Definitive Guide to AI Platforms!
“More On That Later” by Lee Rosevere licensed under CC By 4.0