Today we’re joined by Jon Wang, a medical student at UCSF, and former Gates Scholar and AI researcher at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
In our conversation with Jon, we explore a few of the different ways he’s attacking various public health issues, including improving the electronic health records system through automating clinical order sets, and exploring how the lack of literature and AI talent in the non-profit and healthcare spaces, and bad data have further marginalized undersupported communities. We also discuss his work at the Gates Foundation, which included understanding how AI can be helpful in lower-resource and lower-income countries, and building digital infrastructure.
Connect with Jon!
- Paper – ClinicNet: machine learning for personalized clinical order set recommendations
- Paper – DeepDoc: Natural Language Processing with Deep Neural Networks for the American Board of Internal Medicine Certification Exam
- Paper – Neural Networks for Clinical Order Decision Support
- Paper – Utilizing a novel unified healthcare model to compare practice patterns between telemedicine and in-person visits
- Join us at TWIMLfest: A Virtual AI Festival!
- Check out our TWIML Presents: series page!
- Register for the TWIML Newsletter
- Check out the official TWIMLcon:AI Platform video packages here!
- Download our latest eBook, The Definitive Guide to AI Platforms!
“More On That Later” by Lee Rosevere licensed under CC By 4.0