About This Episode
Today we’re joined by Joseph Soriaga, a senior director of technology at Qualcomm.
In our conversation with Joseph, we focus on a pair of papers that he and his team will be presenting at Globecom later this year. The first, Neural Augmentation of Kalman Filter with Hypernetwork for Channel Tracking, details the use of deep learning to augment an algorithm to address mismatches in models, allowing for more efficient training and making models more interpretable and predictable. The second paper, WiCluster: Passive Indoor 2D/3D Positioning using WiFi without Precise Labels, explores the use of rf signals to infer what environment looks like, allowing for estimation of a person’s movement.
We also discuss the ability for machine learning and AI to help enable 5G and make it more efficient for these applications, as well as the scenarios that ML would allow for more effective delivery of connected services, and look towards what might be possible in the near future.
Watch on Youtube
Thanks to our sponsor!
I’d like to send a huge thank you to our friends at Qualcomm for their support of the podcast and their sponsorship of this episode! Qualcomm AI Research is dedicated to advancing AI to make its core capabilities — perception, reasoning, and action — ubiquitous across devices. Their work makes it possible for billions of users around the world to have AI-enhanced experiences on Qualcomm Technologies-powered devices. To learn more about what Qualcomm is up to on the research front, visit twimlai.com/qualcomm.
Connect with Joseph!
- Paper: WiCluster: Passive Indoor 2D/3D Positioning using WiFi without Precise Labels
- Paper: Neural Augmentation of Kalman Filter with Hypernetwork for Channel Tracking
- Video: MWC 2021: Demonstrating accurate RF sensing with Qualcomm Wi-Fi Technology
- 2021 IEEE GLOBECOM
- Peering into the Home w/ Aerial’s Wifi Motion Analytics – TWIML Talk #107
- Gauge Equivariant CNNs, Generative Models, and the Future of AI with Max Welling
- Neural Augmentation for Wireless Communication with Max Welling – #398
- Probabilistic Numeric CNNs with Roberto Bondesan – #482
- Channel Gating for Cheaper and More Accurate Neural Nets
- Neural Network Quantization and Compression with Tijmen Blankevoort – Talk #292
- Accelerating Distributed AI Applications at Qualcomm with Ziad Asghar – #489