Today we’re joined by Drago Anguelov, Distinguished Scientist and Head of Research at Waymo.
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
In our conversation, we explore the state of the autonomous vehicles space broadly and at Waymo, including how AV has improved in the last few years, their focus on level 4 driving, and Drago’s thoughts on the direction of the industry going forward. Drago breaks down their core ML use cases, Perception, Prediction, Planning, and Simulation, and how their work has lead to a fully autonomous vehicle being deployed in Phoenix.
We also discuss the socioeconomic and environmental impact of self-driving cars, a few research papers submitted to NeurIPS 2020, and if the sophistication of AV systems will lend themselves to the development of tomorrow’s enterprise machine learning systems.
Connect with Drago!
- Blog: Waymo is opening its fully driverless service to the general public in Phoenix
- Blog: Sharing our safety framework for fully autonomous operations
- Video: Machine Learning for Autonomous Driving at Scale
- Check out more interviews on Autonomous Vehicles!
- Paper: ChauffeurNet: Learning to Drive by Imitating the Best and Synthesizing the Worst
- Paper: Just Pick a Sign: Optimizing Deep Multitask Models with Gradient Sign Dropout
- Check out our TWIML Presents: series page!
- Register for the TWIML Newsletter
- Check out the official TWIMLcon:AI Platform video packages here!
- Download our latest eBook, The Definitive Guide to AI Platforms!
“More On That Later” by Lee Rosevere licensed under CC By 4.0