Today we’re joined by Sasha Luccioni, a Postdoctoral Researcher at the MILA Institute, and moderator of our upcoming TWIMLfest Panel, ‘Machine Learning in the Fight Against Climate Change.’
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
We were first introduced to Sasha’s work through her paper on ‘Visualizing The Consequences Of Climate Change Using Cycle-consistent Adversarial Networks,’ and we’re excited to pick her brain about the ways ML is currently being leveraged to help the environment. In our conversation, we explore the use of GANs to visualize the consequences of climate change, the evolution of different approaches she used, and the challenges of training GANs using an end-to-end pipeline.
Finally, we talk through Sasha’s goals for the aforementioned panel, which is scheduled for Friday, October 23rd at 1 pm PT. Register for all of the great TWIMLfest sessions here!
Connect with Sasha!
- Paper: Visualizing The Consequences Of Climate Change Using Cycle-consistent Adversarial Networks
- Paper: Quantifying the Carbon Emissions of Machine Learning
- Paper: Tackling Climate Change with Machine Learning
- Climate Change AI
- Environmental Impact of Large-Scale NLP Model Training with Emma Strubell
- Consciousness and COVID-19 with Yoshua Bengio
- Paper: HYPE: A Benchmark for Human eYe Perceptual Evaluation of Generative Models
- MIT DeepEmpathy
- Electricity Map
- Join us at TWIMLfest: A Virtual AI Festival!
- Check out our TWIML Presents: series page!
- Register for the TWIML Newsletter
- Check out the official TWIMLcon:AI Platform video packages here!
- Download our latest eBook, The Definitive Guide to AI Platforms!
“More On That Later” by Lee Rosevere licensed under CC By 4.0