In this special #TWIMLfest edition of the podcast, we’re joined by Shakir Mohamed, a Senior Research Scientist at DeepMind.
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
Shakir is also a leader of Deep Learning Indaba, a non-profit organization whose mission is to Strengthen African Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. In our conversation with Shakir, we discuss his recent paper ‘Decolonial AI,’ the distinction between decolonizing AI and ethical AI, while also exploring the origin of the Indaba, the phases of community, and much more.
Connect with Shakir!
- Deep Learning Indaba
- Paper: Decolonial AI: Decolonial Theory as Sociotechnical Foresight in Artificial Intelligence
- Join us at TWIMLfest: A Virtual AI Festival!
- Check out our TWIML Presents: series page!
- Register for the TWIML Newsletter
- Check out the official TWIMLcon:AI Platform video packages here!
- Download our latest eBook, The Definitive Guide to AI Platforms!
“More On That Later” by Lee Rosevere licensed under CC By 4.0