About This Episode
Today we’re joined by Hamel Husain, Staff Machine Learning Engineer at GitHub.
Over the last few years, Hamel has had the opportunity to work on some of the most popular open source projects in the ML world, including fast.ai, nbdev, fastpages, and fastcore, just to name a few. In our conversation with Hamel, we discuss his journey into Silicon Valley, and how he discovered that the ML tooling and infrastructure weren’t quite as advanced as he’d assumed, and how that led him to help build some of the foundational pieces of Airbnb’s Bighead Platform.
We also spend time exploring Hamel’s time working with Jeremy Howard and the team creating fast.ai, how nbdev came about, and how it plans to change the way practitioners interact with traditional jupyter notebooks. Finally, talk through a few more tools in the fast.ai ecosystem, fastpages, fastcore, how these tools interact with Github Actions, and the up and coming ML tools that Hamel is excited about.
Watch on Youtube
Connect with Hamel!
- fastai Github
- fastcore Github
- fastpages Github
- fastai/ghapi: A delightful and complete interface to GitHub’s amazing API
- Facilitating MLOps with Github
- GitHub Actions
- Machine Learning at GitHub with Omoju Miller – #313
- What’s Next for Fast.ai with Jeremy Howard – Episode #421
- The Fastai v1 Deep Learning Framework with Jeremy Howard- #186
- Trends in Deep Learning with Jeremy Howard – #214
- Bighead: Airbnb’s Machine Learning Platform with Atul Kale – #198
- Do You Dare Run Your ML Experiments in Production? w/ Ville Tuulos