About This Episode
Today we’re joined by friend of the show and return guest Ville Tuulos, CEO and co-founder of Outerbounds. In our previous conversations with Ville, we explored his experience building and deploying the open-source framework, Metaflow, while working at Netflix. Since our last chat, Ville has embarked on a few new journeys, including writing the upcoming book Effective Data Science Infrastructure, and commercializing Metaflow, both of which we dig into quite a bit in this conversation.
We reintroduce the problem that Metaflow was built to solve and discuss some of the unique use cases that Ville has seen since its release, the relationship between Metaflow and Kubernetes, and the maturity of services like batch and lambdas allowing a complete production ML system to be delivered. Finally, we discuss the degree to which Ville is catering is Outerbounds’ efforts to building tools for the MLOps community, and what the future looks like for him and Metaflow.
Watch on Youtube
Connect with Ville!
- Check out the TWIML Solutions Guide!
- Book: Effective Data Science Infrastructure
- Outerbounds Slack
- Metaflow, a Human-Centric Framework for Data Science with Ville Tuulos – #326
- Managing Real-Life Data Science Projects with Metaflow – Democast #3
- Predictive Disease Modeling at 23andMe with Subarna Sinha – Episode #436