About This Episode
Today we’re joined by Kai-Fu Lee, chairman and CEO of Sinovation Ventures and author of AI 2041: Ten Visions for Our Future.
In AI 2041, Kai-Fu and co-author Chen Qiufan tell the story of how AI could shape our future through a series of 10 “scientific fiction” short stories. In our conversation with Kai-Fu, we explore why he chose 20 years as the time horizon for these stories, and dig into a few of the stories in more detail. We explore the potential for level 5 autonomous driving and what effect that will have on both established and developing nations, the potential outcomes when dealing with job displacement, and his perspective on how the book will be received. We also discuss the potential consequences of autonomous weapons, if we should actually worry about singularity or superintelligence, and the evolution of regulations around AI in 20 years.
We’d love to hear from you! What are your thoughts on any of the stories we discuss in the interview? Will you be checking this book out? Let us know below in the comments!
Watch on Youtube
Connect with Kai-Fu!
- Book: AI 2041 by Kai-Fu Lee
- Book: AI Superpowers: China, Silicon Valley, And The New World Order
- News Article: Self-Driving Uber Car Kills Pedestrian in Arizona, Where Robots Roam (Published 2018)
- Anticipating Superintelligence with Nick Bostrom – Talk #181
- A Future of Work for the Invisible Workers in AI with Saiph Savage – #447
- Quantum ML: The Next Frontier? w/ Iordanis Kerenidis – #397