This week’s podcast digs into Apple’s ML and AI announcements at WWDC, looks at the new Deep Thunder offering by IBM and The Weather Company, and discusses exciting new deep learning research from MIT, OpenAI and Google Discover More Here.
Here are the notes for this week’s show:
Does Apple Bring the ML & AI Goods at WWDC?
- Apple Faces an Artificial Intelligence Challenge
- Apple struggles with the idea of intelligent life outside Cupertino
- Basic Neural Network Subroutines
IBM’s Deep Thunder
Big Players Making Moves
- Announcing Google Research, Europe
- Microsoft acquires Wand Labs
- Amazon Hires Carnegie Mellon Machine-Learning Expert as Google Expands its Own AI Initiatives
Exciting New Deep Learning and Neural Nets Research
- AI Produces Realistic Sounds That Fool Humans
- Generative Models
- Learning to Learn by Gradient Descent by Gradient Descent
- Smart Reply: Automated Response Suggestion for Email
Deep Learning Architecture
Image Credit: Apple, Inc.