About This Episode
Today we’re joined by Daniela Rus, director of CSAIL & Deputy Dean of Research at MIT.
In our conversation with Daniela, we explore the history of CSAIL, her role as director of one of the most prestigious computer science labs in the world, how she defines robots, and her take on the current AI for robotics landscape. We also discuss some of her recent research interests including soft robotics, adaptive control in autonomous vehicles, and a mini surgeon robot made with sausage casing(?!).
If you enjoyed this interview, you should definitely check out our conversation with Katherine Kuchenbecker on Haptic Intelligence.
Watch on Youtube
Connect with Daniela!
- Paper: Neural circuit policies enabling auditable autonomy
- Research Project: Soft Robots
- Research Project: Robot Compiler
- Research Project: Mobility on Demand with Self-Driving Cars
- Article: Robots and Whales: Tracking Whales with Quadrotors
- Haptic Intelligence with Katherine J. Kuchenbecker – #491
- Reinforcement Learning for Industrial AI with Pieter Abbeel – #476
- Environmental Impact of Large-Scale NLP Model Training with Emma Strubell – #286