Today we’re joined by Kavita Bala, the Dean of Computing and Information Science at Cornell University.
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
Kavita, whose research explores the overlap of computer vision and computer graphics, joined us to discuss a few of her projects, including GrokStyle, a startup that was recently acquired by Facebook and is currently being deployed across their Marketplace features. We also talk about StreetStyle/GeoStyle, projects focused on using social media data to find style clusters across the globe.
Kavita shares her thoughts on the privacy and security implications, progress with integrating privacy-preserving techniques into vision projects like the ones she works on, and what’s next for Kavita’s research.
Connect with our Kavita!
- Paper: GrokNet: Unified Computer Vision Model Trunk and Embeddings For Commerce
- Paper: Geostyle: Discovering Fashion Trends and Events
- Paper: Exploring world-wide clothing styles from millions of photos
- Video: Understanding Visual Appearance from Micron to Global Scale
- CVPR Keynote Video – Understanding Visual Appearance from Micron to Global Scale
- Join us at TWIMLfest: A Virtual AI Festival!
- Check out our TWIML Presents: series page!
- Register for the TWIML Newsletter
- Check out the official TWIMLcon:AI Platform video packages here!
- Download our latest eBook, The Definitive Guide to AI Platforms!
“More On That Later” by Lee Rosevere licensed under CC By 4.0