Today we’re joined by Eric Topol, Director & Founder of the Scripps Research Translational Institute, and author of the book Deep Medicine.
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
Eric is also one of the most trusted voices on the COVID-19 pandemic, giving those that follow his Twitter account daily updates on the disease and its impact, from both a biological and public health perspective. We had the pleasure of catching up with Eric to talk through several Coronavirus-related topics, including what we’ve learned since the pandemic began and the role of technology—including ML and AI—in understanding and preventing the spread of the disease. We also explore the broader opportunity for medical applications of AI, the promise they offer for personalized medicine, and how techniques like federated learning and homomorphic encryption can offer more privacy in healthcare.
Connect with Eric!
- Check out Eric’s Book, Deep Medicine: How Artificial Intelligence Can Make Healthcare Human Again
- #350 – How AI Predicted the Coronavirus Outbreak with Kamran Khan
- Paper: High-performance medicine: the convergence of human and artificial intelligence
- Article: It takes a planet
- #140 – Checking in with the Master with Garry Kasparov
- Join the TWIML Community!
- Check out our TWIML Presents: series page!
- Register for the TWIML Newsletter
- Check out the official TWIMLcon:AI Platform video packages here!
- Download our latest eBook, The Definitive Guide to AI Platforms!
“More On That Later” by Lee Rosevere licensed under CC By 4.0