Today we’re joined by Jürgen Schmidhuber, Co-Founder and Chief Scientist of NNAISENSE, the Scientific Director at IDSIA, as well as a Professor of AI at USI and SUPSI in Switzerland.
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
Jürgen’s lab is well known for creating the Long Short-Term Memory (LSTM) network which has become a prevalent neural network, used commonly devices such as smartphones, which we discuss in detail in our first conversation with Jürgen back in 2017.
In this conversation, we dive into some of Jürgen’s more recent work, including his recent paper, Reinforcement Learning Upside Down: Don’t Predict Rewards — Just Map Them to Actions.
Connect with Jurgen!
- Schott NNAISENSE Partnership
- Video: Solving Rubik’s Cube with a Robot Hand: Perturbations
- OpenAI Five with Christy Dennison – TWIML Talk #176
- Blog: AlphaStar: Grandmaster level in StarCraft II using multi-agent reinforcement learning
- Reinforcement Learning Upside Down: Don’t Predict Rewards — Just Map Them to Actions
- #44 – LSTM’s, plus a Deep Learning History Lesson with Jürgen Schmidhuber
- Join the TWIML Community!
- Check out our TWIML Presents: series page!
- Register for the TWIML Newsletter
- Check out the official TWIMLcon:AI Platform video packages here!
- Download our latest eBook, The Definitive Guide to AI Platforms!
“More On That Later” by Lee Rosevere licensed under CC By 4.0