Today we are joined by Kalai Ramea, Data Scientist at PARC, a Xerox Company.
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
With a background in transportation, energy efficiency, art, and machine learning, Kalai has been fortunate enough to follow her passions through her work. In this episode, we discuss her environmentally efficient pursuit that lead to the purchase of a hydrogen car and the subsequent journey and paper that followed assessing fueling stations. In her next paper, Kalai looked at fuel consumption at hydrogen stations and used temporal clustering to identify signatures of usage over time, grouping the stations into categories.
In a time when the government is urging people to use hydrogen vehicles, a major concern is the reliability of fueling stations. With the construction of fueling stations is planned to increase dramatically in the next 5 years, building reliability on their performance is crucial to overall adoption. Check out this episode to hear about her papers, PARC research, and a sneak peek into how Kalai incorporates her love of art into her work!
From the Interview
- Paper: Unsupervised Temporal Clustering to Monitor the Performance of Alternative Fueling Infrastructure
- Deep Quilted Darth Vader
- Paper: An integrated quantitative-qualitative study to monitor the utilization and assess the perception of hydrogen fueling stations
Check it out
- Register for TWIMLcon: AI Platforms now!
- Download our latest eBook, The Definitive Guide to AI Platforms!
- Check out our TWIML Presents: series page!
- Join the Meetup
- Register for the TWIML Newsletter
“More On That Later” by Lee Rosevere licensed under CC By 4.0