In this episode, I’m joined by Jose Hernandez-Orallo, professor in the department of information systems and computing at Universitat Politècnica de València and fellow at the Leverhulme Centre for the Future of Intelligence, working on the Kinds of Intelligence Project.
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
Jose and I caught up at NIPS last year after the Kinds of Intelligence Symposium that he helped organize there. In our conversation, we discuss the three main themes of the symposium: understanding and identifying the main types of intelligence, including non-human intelligence, developing better ways to test and measure these intelligences, and understanding how and where research efforts should focus to best benefit society.
Mentioned in the Interview
- Universitat Politècnica de València
- Leverhulme Centre for the Future of Intelligence
- The Measure of All Minds: Evaluating Natural and Artificial Intelligence
- Matthew Crosby – Philosophy of Intelligence
- Check out @ShirinGlander’s Great TWIML Sketches!
- TWIML Presents: Series page
- TWIML Events Page
- TWIML Meetup
- TWIML Newsletter
“More On That Later” by Lee Rosevere licensed under CC By 4.0