About This Episode
Happy New Year! We’re excited to kick off 2022 joined by Georgia Gkioxari, a research scientist at Meta AI, to showcase the best advances in the field of computer vision over the past 12 months, and what the future holds for this domain.
Welcome back to AI Rewind!
In our conversation, Georgia highlights the emergence of the transformer model in CV research, what kind of performance results we’re seeing vs CNNs, and the immediate impact of NeRF, amongst a host of other great research. We also explore what is ImageNet’s place in the current landscape, and if it’s time to make big changes to push the boundaries of what is possible with image, video and even 3D data, with challenges like the Metaverse, amongst others, on the horizon. Finally, we touch on the startups to keep an eye on, the collaborative efforts of software and hardware researchers, and the vibe of the “ImageNet moment” being upon us once again.
Watch on Youtube
Connect with Georgia!
- NeRF: Neural Radiance Fields
- Paper: Attention Is All You Need
- Paper: BERT: Pre-training of Deep Bidirectional Transformers for Language Understanding
- CLIP: Connecting Text and Images
- Paper: An Image is Worth 16×16 Words: Transformers for Image Recognition at Scale
- Paper: Swin Transformer: Hierarchical Vision Transformer using Shifted Windows
- Paper: Habitat 2.0: Training Home Assistants to Rearrange their Habitat
- RMA: Rapid Motor Adaptation for Legged Robots
- Hugging Face
- Distributed AI Research Institute (DAIR)
- Rana Hanocka
- Reinforcement Learning for Industrial AI with Pieter Abbeel – #476
- 3D Deep Learning with PyTorch3D w/ Georgia Gkioxari – #408
- Trends in Computer Vision with Pavan Turaga – #444
- Trends in Computer Vision with Amir Zamir – Episode #338
- Trends in Computer Vision with Siddha Ganju – #218