Today we’re joined by Frank Zhao, Senior Director of Quantamental Research at S&P Global Market Intelligence.
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
In our conversation with Frank, we explore how he came to work at the intersection of ML and finance, and how he navigates the relationship between data science and domain expertise. We also discuss the rise of data science in the investment management space, examining the largely underexplored technique of using unstructured data to gain insights into equity investing, and the edge it can provide for investors. Finally, Frank gives us a look at how he uses natural language processing with textual data of earnings call transcripts and walks us through the entire pipeline.
Thanks to our sponsor!
I’d like to thank S&P Global Market Intelligence for their support of the show. S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global, a leading provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. S&P Global Market Intelligence integrates financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, perform valuations, and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations, and universities around the world use this essential intelligence to make business and financial decisions with conviction.
If you’re a data scientist working on applications in the finance space, I encourage you to visit the S&P Global Marketplace at www.marketplace.spglobal.com and explore premium fundamental and alternative datasets available seamlessly via Cloud, Feed, and API solutions, along with robust data solutions and expert analysis.
Connect with Frank!
- Natural Language Processing, Part I: Primer
- Natural Language Processing – Part II: Stock Selection
- Natural Language Processing – Part III: Feature Engineering
- Explore the Textual Data Suite on the S&P Global Marketplace!
- Join us at TWIMLfest: A Virtual AI Festival!
- Check out our TWIML Presents: series page!
- Register for the TWIML Newsletter
- Check out the official TWIMLcon:AI Platform video packages here!
- Download our latest eBook, The Definitive Guide to AI Platforms!
“More On That Later” by Lee Rosevere licensed under CC By 4.0