Today we’re joined by Jesse Engel, Staff Research Scientist at Google, working on the Magenta Project.
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
In our conversation with Jesse, we explore the current landscape of creativity AI, and the role Magenta plays in helping express creativity through ML and deep learning. We dig deep into their Differentiable Digital Signal Processing (DDSP) library, which “lets you combine the interpretable structure of classical DSP elements (such as filters, oscillators, reverberation, etc.) with the expressivity of deep learning.” Finally, Jesse walks us through some of the other projects that the Magenta team undertakes, including NLP and language modeling, and what he wants to see come out of the work that he and others are doing in creative AI research.
Connect with Jesse!
- Doug Eck – Expressive AI-Generated Music with Google’s Performance RNN
- (Blog) DDSP: Differentiable Digital Signal Processing
- DDSP CoLab
- OpenAI JukeBox
- Magenta on GitHub
- (Blog) Exploring Transfer Learning with T5: the Text-To-Text Transfer Transformer
- Maestro Dataset
- Check out our TWIML Presents: series page!
- Register for the TWIML Newsletter
- Check out the official TWIMLcon:AI Platform video packages here!
- Download our latest eBook, The Definitive Guide to AI Platforms!
“More On That Later” by Lee Rosevere licensed under CC By 4.0