In this special #TWIMLfest episode, we’re joined by Suzana Ilić, a computational linguist at Causaly and founder of Machine Learning Tokyo (MLT).
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
Suzana joined us as a keynote speaker to discuss the origins of the MLT community, but we cover a lot of ground in this conversation. We briefly discuss Suzana’s work at Causaly, touching on her experiences transitioning from linguist and domain expert to working with causal modeling, balancing her role as both product manager and leader of the development team for their causality extraction module, and the unique ways that she thinks about UI in relation to their product.
We also spend quite a bit of time exploring MLT, including how they’ve achieved exponential growth within the community over the past few years and when Suzana knew MLT was moving beyond just a personal endeavor, her experiences publishing papers at major ML conferences as an independent organization, and inspires her within the broader ML/AI Community. And of course, we answer quite a few great questions from our live audience!
Thanks to our Sponsor!
We’d like to send a huge thank you to our friends at IBM for their sponsorship of TWIMLfest, and this episode of the podcast. IBM is committed to educating and supporting data scientists and bringing them together to explore technical, societal, and career challenges. Through the IBM Data Science Community site, which has over 14,000 members, they provide a place for data scientists to connect, collaborate, and empower one another. IBM’s Data Science Community site is a great place to engage with other practitioners and to access information and resources that inspire creativity and innovation. Go to twimlai.com/ibmcommunity to join and get a free month of select IBM Programs on Coursera.
Connect with Suzana!
- Machine Learning Tokyo (MLT)
- Join the MLT Meetup Group!
- MLT Resources
- Slides: ML Production Pipeline – Chip Huyen
- Paper: Creative GANs for generating poems, lyrics, and metaphors
- Quantized deep learning models on low-power edge devices for robotic systems
- Join us at TWIMLfest: A Virtual AI Festival!
- Check out our TWIML Presents: series page!
- Register for the TWIML Newsletter
- Check out the official TWIMLcon:AI Platform video packages here!
- Download our latest eBook, The Definitive Guide to AI Platforms!
“More On That Later” by Lee Rosevere licensed under CC By 4.0