Bits & Bytes
- Google Cloud first to offer Tesla T4 GPUs. The NVIDIA Tesla T4 instances are currently available in alpha. They target ML inference, distributed training of models, and computer graphics workloads.
- Intel unveils Neural Compute Stick 2. Intel announced an update to the Movidius Neural Compute Stick focused on AI at the network edge. The Intel NCS 2 is based on the Intel Movidius Myriad X vision processing unit (VPU), offering more compute power and greater prototyping flexibility.
- Microsoft brings AI to Power BI. The new addition of AI features will bring image recognition, text analytics, and automated ML to Power BI. Integrated with Azure Machine Learning, Power BI will let users create ML models directly within the tool.
- Kasito launches second generation conversational AI platform. Kasisto’s updated conversational AI platform KAI will allow banks to launch new self-service features more easily.
- Linux Foundation launches Acumos platform for quick AI deployment. The Athena release of the Acumos AI Project aims to make building, sharing and deploying AI applications easy. In TWiML Talk #78, Mazin Gilbert talks about the goals and architecture of the platform.
- SnapLogic introduces self-service machine learning platform.SnapLogic announced the launch of SnapLogic Data Science, which combines data integration, data transformation, and machine learning training features in a single self-service platform.
- Elsevier creates AI-ready life sciences data platform. Entellect, a new cloud-based data platform aims to make life sciences R&D more efficient by enriching and harmonizing proprietary and external data and delivering it in an AI-ready environment.
Dollars & Sense
- Standard Cognition, a provider of AI-powered autonomous checkout solutions, raised $40M in Series A funding
- Habana Labs, a startup in the AI processor space, announced it has raised $75M in Series B funding
- Apex.ai, which is building an operating system for self-driving vehicles, has raised $15.5M in Series A funding
- Microsoft announced its acquisition of a conversational AI and bot development startup XOXCO
Sign up for our Newsletter to receive the Bits & Bytes weekly to your inbox.