Today we conclude our CVPR coverage joined by Flora Tasse, Head of Computer Vision & AI Research at Streem.
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
Flora, a keynote speaker at the AR/VR workshop at CVPR, walks us through some of the interesting use cases at the intersection of AI, computer vision, and augmented reality technology. In our conversation, we discuss how Flora’s interest in a career in AR/VR developed, the origin of her company Selerio, which was eventually acquired by Streem, and her current research. We also spend time exploring the difficulties associated with building 3D mesh environments, extracting metadata from those environments, the challenges of pose estimation, and other papers that caught Flora’s eye from the conference.
Thanks to our sponsor
I’d like to send a huge thank you to our friends at Qualcomm for their support of the podcast, and their sponsorship of this series! Qualcomm AI Research is dedicated to advancing AI to make its core capabilities — perception, reasoning, and action — ubiquitous across devices. Their work makes it possible for billions of users around the world to have AI-enhanced experiences on Qualcomm Technologies-powered devices. To learn more about what Qualcomm is up to on the research front, visit here.
Connect with Flora!
- Presentation: Computer Vision For Remote AR: Video – Slides
- Presentation: Semantic Descriptors for 3D Object Understanding in AR
- Join the TWIML Community!
- Check out our TWIML Presents: series page!
- Register for the TWIML Newsletter
- Check out the official TWIMLcon:AI Platform video packages here!
- Download our latest eBook, The Definitive Guide to AI Platforms!
“More On That Later” by Lee Rosevere licensed under CC By 4.0