Today we’re joined by Ana Maria Echeverri, Caroline Chavier, Hilary Mason, and Jacqueline Nolis, our guests for the recent Advancing Your Data Science Career During the Pandemic panel.
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
In this conversation, we explore ways that Data Scientists and ML/AI practitioners can continue to advance their careers despite current challenges. Our panelists provide concrete tips, advice, and direction for those just starting out, those affected by layoffs, and those just wanting to move forward in their careers.
Topics we cover include:
- Guerilla Job Hunting
- Portfolio Building
- Navigating Hiring Freezes
- Acing the Technical Interview
- Presenting the Best Candidate
Connect with our speakers!
Ana Maria Echeverri
- Available Data Scientist LinkedIn Group
- Paper: The Data Science Skills Competency Model
- A few examples of posts from people who got laid-off or looked for a PhD and communicated online: Twitter – LinkedIn
- Getting started with Git and Github : the complete beginner’s guide by Anne Border
- The Subtle Art of Succeeding at Interviews
- An open-source list of lay off lists, searchable candidate databases, crowdsourced google sheets
- Groups Data Scientists and ML/AI Practitioners can join – Black in AI – RLadies – Queer in AI – LatinX in AI, WiMLDS, Disability in AI
- The Engineer / Management Pendulum
- Project: Using deep learning to generate offensive license plates
- Book: Build a Career in Data Science
- Join the TWIML Community!
- Check out our TWIML Presents: series page!
- Register for the TWIML Newsletter
- Check out the official TWIMLcon:AI Platform video packages here!
- Download our latest eBook, The Definitive Guide to AI Platforms!
“More On That Later” by Lee Rosevere licensed under CC By 4.0