Today we’re joined Richard Socher, Chief Scientist and Executive VP at Salesforce.
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
Richard, who has been at the forefront of Salesforce’s AI Research since they acquired his startup Metamind in 2016, and his team have been publishing a ton of great projects as of late, including CTRL: A Conditional Transformer Language Model for Controllable Generation, and ProGen, an AI Protein Generator, both of which we cover in-depth in this conversation. We explore the balancing act between investments, product requirement research and otherwise at a large product-focused company like Salesforce, the evolution of his language modeling research since being acquired, and how it ties in with Protein Generation.
Connect with Richard!
- CTRL: A Conditional Transformer Language Model for Controllable Generation – Paper – GitHub
- ProGen: Using AI to Generate Proteins – Paper
- Language Models for Commonsense Reasoning – Paper
- Check out the ML Pulse Survey!
- Join the TWIML Community!
- Check out our TWIML Presents: series page!
- Register for the TWIML Newsletter
- Check out the official TWIMLcon:AI Platform video packages here!
- Download our latest eBook, The Definitive Guide to AI Platforms!
“More On That Later” by Lee Rosevere licensed under CC By 4.0