Today we’re joined by Manuela Veloso, Head of AI Research at JPMorgan Chase and Professor at Carnegie Mellon University.
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
Since moving from CMU to JPMorgan Chase, Manuela and her team established a set of seven lofty research goals. In this conversation we focus on the first three: building AI systems to eradicate financial crime, safely liberate data, and perfect client experience.
We also explore Manuela’s background, including her time as a PhD student at CMU, or as she describes it, the “mecca of AI,” with some of the most influential figures in AI like Geoff Hinton, and Herb Simon on the faculty at the time. We also cover Manuela’s founding role with RoboCup, an annual international competition centered on autonomous robots playing soccer.
Connect with Manuela!
- JPMorgan Chase AI Research Publications
- AI Research at JPMorgan Chase
- RoboCup Federation
- Check out the ML Pulse Survey!
- Join the TWIML Community!
- Check out our TWIML Presents: series page!
- Register for the TWIML Newsletter
- Check out the official TWIMLcon:AI Platform video packages here!
- Download our latest eBook, The Definitive Guide to AI Platforms!
“More On That Later” by Lee Rosevere licensed under CC By 4.0