Today we’re joined by Risto Miikkulainen, Associate VP of Evolutionary AI at Cognizant AI, and Professor of Computer Science at the UT Austin.
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
Risto joined us back on episode #47 to discuss evolutionary algorithms, and today we do an update of sorts on what is the latest we should know on the topic. In our conversation, we discuss various use cases for evolutionary AI, the relationship between evolutionary algorithms and reinforcement learning, some of the latest approaches to deploying evolutionary models. We also explore his paper “Better Future through AI: Avoiding Pitfalls and Guiding AI Towards its Full Potential,” which details the historical evolution of AI, discussing where things currently stand, and where they might go in the future.
If you enjoy this conversation, check out our interview with Google’s Quoc Le!
Connect with Risto!
- Better Future through AI: Avoiding Pitfalls and Guiding AI Towards its Full Potential
- Talk #47 – Evolutionary Algorithms in Machine Learning with Risto Miikkulainen
- Join the TWIML Community!
- Check out our TWIML Presents: series page!
- Register for the TWIML Newsletter
- Check out the official TWIMLcon:AI Platform video packages here!
- Download our latest eBook, The Definitive Guide to AI Platforms!
“More On That Later” by Lee Rosevere licensed under CC By 4.0