Today we are joined by Gary Marcus, CEO and Founder at Robust.AI.
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
Gary is also former CEO and Founder of Geometric Intelligence (acquired by Uber) and well-known scientist, bestselling author, professor, and entrepreneur. In this episode hear Gary discuss his latest book, ‘Rebooting AI: Building Artificial Intelligence We Can Trust’, an extensive look into the current gaps, pitfalls and areas for improvement in the field of machine learning and AI. Gary breaks down the difference between reinforcement learning and real learning, and why we need machines with both automation and autonomy to be truly usable in the world today. Filled with examples from his book, including Teslas driving into tow trucks and Microsoft’s SQuAD reading test results, Gary provides insight into what we should be talking and thinking about to make even greater (and safer) strides in AI.
From the Interview
- Book: Rebooting AI: Building Artificial Intelligence We Can Trust
- Paper: Deep Learning: A Critical Appraisal
Check it out
- Register for TWIMLcon: AI Platforms now!
- Download our latest eBook, The Definitive Guide to AI Platforms!
- For more series like this one, visit the TWiML Presents: page!
- Join the Meetup
- Register for the TWiML Newsletter
“More On That Later” by Lee Rosevere licensed under CC By 4.0