Today we present the final episode in our AI for the Benefit of Society series, in which we’re joined by Mira Lane, Partner Director for Ethics and Society at Microsoft.
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
Mira and I focus our conversation on the role of culture and human-centered design in AI. We discuss how Mira defines human-centered design, its connections to culture and responsible innovation, and how these ideas can be scalably implemented across large engineering organizations.
Thanks to our Sponsor!
We’d like to thank Microsoft for their support and their sponsorship of this series. Microsoft is committed to ensuring the responsible development and use of AI and is empowering people around the world with intelligent technology to help solve previously intractable societal challenges spanning sustainability, accessibility and humanitarian action. Learn more at Microsoft.ai
Mentioned in the Interview
- Paper: Datasheets for Datasets
- Don Normans Emotional Design Framework
- AI Now Institute Publications
- Wendell Berry
- Ursula Franklin
- Are Datasheets the Answer to AI Bias?
- Download our AI Platforms eBook Series!
- Check out all of our great series from 2018 at the TWIML Presents: Series page!
- TWIML Online Meetup
- Register for the TWIML Newsletter
“More On That Later” by Lee Rosevere licensed under CC By 4.0