Today, in the first episode of our Black in AI series, we’re joined by Randi Williams, PhD student at the MIT Media Lab.
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
At the Black in AI workshop Randi presented her research on Popbots: A Early Childhood AI Curriculum, which is geared towards teaching preschoolers the fundamentals of artificial intelligence. In our conversation, we discuss the origins of the project, the three AI concepts that are taught in the program, and the goals that Randi hopes to accomplish with her work. This was a fun conversation!
Mentioned in the Interview
- PopBots: An early childhood AI curriculum
- MIT Media Lab – Personal Robots Group
- Scratch Jr.
- Cynthia Breazeal
- Black in AI
- Download our AI Platforms eBook Series!
- Check out all of our great series from 2018 at the TWiML Presents: Series page!
- TWiML Online Meetup
- Register for the TWiML Newsletter
“More On That Later” by Lee Rosevere licensed under CC By 4.0