Today we close out both our NeurIPS series and our 2018 conference coverage with this interview with Nando de Freitas, Team Lead & Principal Scientist at Deepmind and Fellow at the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research.
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
In our conversation, we explore his interest in understanding the brain and working towards artificial general intelligence through techniques like meta-learning, few-shot learning and imitation learning. In particular, we dig into a couple of his team’s NeurIPS papers: “Playing hard exploration games by watching YouTube,” and “One-Shot high-fidelity imitation: Training large-scale deep nets with RL.”
Mentioned in the Interview
- Canadian Institute for Advanced Research
- Paper: One-Shot High-Fidelity Imitation: Training Large-Scale Deep Nets with RL
- Paper: Playing hard exploration games by watching YouTube
- Paper: Kunihiko Fukushima – Neocognitron: A Self-organizing Neural Network Model for a Mechanism of Pattern Recognition Unaffected by Shift in Position
- Paper: Yann LeCun – A Theoretical Framework for Backpropagation
- Misha Dneil
- Chelsea Finn – Check out our interview with Chelsea here!
- Paper: Neural Programmer-Interpreters
- Deep Learning Indaba – Check out our Deep Learning Indaba series!
- Download our AI Platforms eBook Series!
- TWIML Presents: NeurIPS Series page
- TWIML Online Meetup
- Register for the TWIML Newsletter
“More On That Later” by Lee Rosevere licensed under CC By 4.0