Genevera Allen is an Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Statistics, and Computer Science at Rice University and an investigator at the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute at Texas Children's Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine. She is also the Founder and Faculty Director of the Center for Transforming Data to Knowledge, informally called the Rice D2K Lab.
Dr. Allen's research focuses on developing statistical machine learning tools to help scientists make reproducible data-driven discoveries. Her work lies in the areas of interpretable machine learning, optimization, data integration, modern multivariate analysis, and graphical models with applications in neuroscience and bioinformatics.
Selected Awards and Honors:
- Elected Member, International Statistics Institute, 2021.
- Charles W. Duncan Achievement Award for Outstanding Faculty, Rice University, 2021.
- Curriculum Innovation Award, George R. Brown School of Engineering, Rice University, 2020.
- Research and Teaching Excellence Award, George R. Brown School of Engineering, Rice University, 2017.
- NSF Career Award, 2016.
- Forbes 30 under 30: Science & Healthcare, 2014.