Today we’re joined by Roland Memisevic, return podcast guest and Co-Founder & CEO of Twenty Billion Neurons.
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
We last spoke to Roland in 2018, and just earlier this year TwentyBN made a sharp pivot to a surprising use case, a companion app called Fitness Ally, an interactive, personalized fitness coach on your phone.
In our conversation with Roland, we explore the progress TwentyBN has made on their goal of training deep neural networks to understand physical movement and exercise. We also discuss how they’ve taken their research on understanding video context and awareness and applied it in their app, including how recent advancements have allowed them to deploy their neural net locally while preserving privacy, and Roland’s thoughts on the enormous opportunity that lies in the merging of language and video processing.
Connect with Jon!
- Twenty Bilion Neurons
- Article: Why a Microsoft-backed start-up pivoted to a fitness app after helping Fortune 500 firms to build machines that can ‘see’
- Fitness Ally
- Learning “Common Sense” and Physical Concepts with Roland Memisevic
- Join us at TWIMLfest: A Virtual AI Festival!
- Check out our TWIML Presents: series page!
- Register for the TWIML Newsletter
- Check out the official TWIMLcon:AI Platform video packages here!
- Download our latest eBook, The Definitive Guide to AI Platforms!
“More On That Later” by Lee Rosevere licensed under CC By 4.0