Today we’re joined by Jeff Gehlhaar, VP of Technology at Qualcomm Technologies, and Zahra Koochak, Staff Machine Learning Engineer at Qualcomm AI Research.
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
If you haven’t had a chance to listen to our first interview with Jeff, I encourage you to check it out here! In this conversation, we catch up with Jeff and Zahra to get an update on what the company has up to since our last conversation, including the Snapdragon 865 chipset and Hexagon Neural Network Direct. We also discuss open-source projects like the AI efficiency toolkit and Tensor Virtual Machine compiler, and how these projects fit in the broader Qualcomm ecosystem. Finally, we talk through their vision for on-device federated learning.
Thanks to our Sponsor!
We’d like to send a huge thank you to our friends at Qualcomm Technologies for their support of the podcast, and their sponsorship of this episode! Qualcomm AI Research is dedicated to advancing AI to make its core capabilities — perception, reasoning, and action — ubiquitous across devices. Their work makes it possible for billions of users around the world to have AI-enhanced experiences on devices powered by Qualcomm Technologies. To learn more about what Qualcomm Technologies is up to on the research front, visit twimlai.com/qualcomm.
Connect with Jeff!
Connect with Zahra!
- Spiking Neural Nets and ML as a Systems Challenge with Jeff Gehlhaar
- Blog: Open sourcing the AI Model Efficiency Toolkit
- Developer Blog: Qualcomm Neural Processing SDK for AI
- TensorFlow Lite Hexagon delegate
- Apache TVM
- Check out more interviews about Federated Learning?
- Join us at TWIMLfest: A Virtual AI Festival!
- Check out our TWIML Presents: series page!
- Register for the TWIML Newsletter
- Check out the official TWIMLcon:AI Platform video packages here!
- Download our latest eBook, The Definitive Guide to AI Platforms!
“More On That Later” by Lee Rosevere licensed under CC By 4.0