Today we’re joined by Gary Ren, a machine learning engineer for the logistics team at DoorDash.
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
In our conversation, we explore how machine learning powers the entire logistics ecosystem. We discuss the stages of their “marketplace,” and how using ML for optimized route planning and matching affects consumers, dashers, and merchants. We also talk through how they use traditional mathematics, classical machine learning, potential use cases for reinforcement learning frameworks, and challenges to implementing these explorations.
Connect with Gary!
- Video: How Machine Learning Powers On-Demand Logistics At DoorDash
- Slides: How Machine Learning Powers On-Demand Logistics at Doordash
- Article: Reinforcement Learning for Logistics
- Article: Next-Generation Optimization for Dasher Dispatch at DoorDash
- Join us at TWIMLfest: A Virtual AI Festival!
- Check out our TWIML Presents: series page!
- Register for the TWIML Newsletter
- Check out the official TWIMLcon:AI Platform video packages here!
- Download our latest eBook, The Definitive Guide to AI Platforms!
“More On That Later” by Lee Rosevere licensed under CC By 4.0