Today we’re joined by Devin Singh, a Physician Lead for Clinical Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning in Pediatric Emergency Medicine at the Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) in Toronto, and Founder and CEO of HeroAI.
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
In our conversation with Devin, we discuss some of the interesting ways that Devin is deploying machine learning within the SickKids hospital, the current structure of academic research, including how much research and publications are currently being incentivized, how little of those research projects actually make it to deployment, and how Devin is working to flip that system on its head.
We also talk about his work at Hero AI, where he is commercializing and deploying his academic research to build out infrastructure and deploy AI solutions within hospitals, creating an automated pipeline with patients, caregivers, and EHS companies. Finally, we discuss Devins’s thoughts on how he’d approach bias mitigation in these systems, and the importance of having proper stakeholder engagement and using design methodology when building ML systems.
Connect with Devin!
- Hero AI
- Paper: From Clinic to Computer and Back Again: Practical Considerations When Designing and Implementing Machine Learning Solutions for Pediatrics
- Join us at TWIMLfest: A Virtual AI Festival!
- Check out our TWIML Presents: series page!
- Register for the TWIML Newsletter
- Check out the official TWIMLcon:AI Platform video packages here!
- Download our latest eBook, The Definitive Guide to AI Platforms!
“More On That Later” by Lee Rosevere licensed under CC By 4.0