Today we’re joined by Madhur Behl, an assistant professor in the department of computer science at the University of Virginia.
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
In our conversation with Madhur, we explore the super interesting work he’s doing at the intersection of autonomous driving, ML/AI, and Motorsports, where he’s teaching self-driving cars how to drive in an agile manner. We talk through the differences between traditional self-driving problems and those encountered in a racing environment, the challenges in solving planning, perception, control. We also discuss their upcoming race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, where Madhur and his students will compete for 1 million dollars in the world’s first head-to-head fully autonomous race, and how they’re preparing for it.
Connect with Madhur!
- DeepRacing AI: Autonomous Formula 1
- DeepRacing AI: Agile Trajectory Synthesis for Autonomous Racing
- Paper: F1/10: An Open-Source Autonomous Cyber-Physical Platform
- F1/10 Autonomous Racing/
- Free Online Course
- F1/10 Undergraduate Course – 1/10 the scale, 10 times the fun!
- Highlights from the F1/10 International Competitions
- Indy Autonomous Challenge