Today we’re joined by Nishan Subedi, VP of Algorithms at Overstock.com.
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
In our conversation with Nishan, we discuss his interesting path to MLOps and how ML/AI is used at Overstock, primarily for search/recommendations and marketing/advertisement use cases. We spend a great deal of time exploring machine learning architecture and architectural patterns, how he perceives the differences between architectural patterns and algorithms, and emergent architectural patterns that standards have yet to be set for. Finally, we discuss how the idea of anti-patterns was innovative in early design pattern thinking and if those concepts are transferable to ML, if architectural patterns will bleed over into organizational patterns and culture, and Nishan introduces us to the concept of Squads within an organizational structure.
Connect with Nishan!
- Team Teardown: Driving Platform Adoption and Success at Spotify
- How Spotify Does ML At Scale
- Check out Nishan at ODSC East Speaking on Architectural Patterns in Machine Learning to Generate Sustainable Business Value
- Check out our TWIML Presents: series page!
- Register for the TWIML Newsletter
- Check out the official TWIMLcon:AI Platform video packages here!
- Download our latest eBook, The Definitive Guide to AI Platforms!
“More On That Later” by Lee Rosevere licensed under CC By 4.0